Monday, August 29, 2011

Rock You Like a Hurricane!

While many Gordon students took refuge from Hurricane Irene in their dorm rooms, eating ramen noodles and surfing the internet, daredevil duo Rylee Rainwater, 19, and her roommate Katie Madison, 21, had bigger things to surf: the ocean waves. Though the girls were urged by their friends, parents, and Gordon public safety not to go out into the storm, they simply couldn't pass up the opportunity. "I have never experienced a hurricane and was curious to see what it was like," says Rylee. "I didn't know if I would have the chance again." Even in the intense winds, rain, and high tide, Rylee and Katie went swimming. Luckily, the hurricane was not as severe as anticipated, and the girls arrived back on campus safely later that day. "It was totally worth it," Rylee remarks. "I had tons of fun and we survived, so I'm glad we did it."

No comments:

Post a Comment